Holiday Home Useful Information
Here is some useful information that will help you with your stay. All of our houses are located seven miles East of York, near the Pretty Village of Wilberfoss. We are close to the Yorkshire Wolds & the East Coast. We are set in a rural location within walking distance of a Yorkshire Wildlife Trust Area . We’re also a short drive away from the Allerthorpe Woods (local wildlife area). We are situated within walking distance of a Thai restaurant. Also there is a direct bus route to the City of York.(Buses stop outside the properties every twenty minutes). The nearest pub is The Half Moon which is a short journey (2 miles) to Newton upon Derwent.
The properties will suit anyone who likes a mix of a countryside setting with close access to city amenities. York is a fifteen minute drive away, however our local Villages boast Stunning Walks, Fantastic Farms Shops & Cafe Bars, The Award winning Pocklington Arts Centre, Golf Clubs, Pocklington Canal, Gliding Club and Attractions such as The Elvington Air Museum. In addition there is also Burnby Hall Gardens & Allerthorpe Watersport Park.
- Thai Season by Pritsana (located next door to the cottages)
Local Italian Cafe
- Gios – Quirky Italian Cafe (located next door to the cottages) – Please pre- book
Good Local Pubs
- Half Moon, Newton Upon Derwent, YO41 4DB 01904 608883. Approx 2 miles from Holiday Houses
- St Vincent Arms, Sutton Upon Derwent, 01904 608349 YO41 4BN 5 Mins Drive
- The Plough Inn, Allerthorpe, YO42 4RW 01759 302349
Other local services
- York Races – Horse Racing, Music, Entertainment.
- Local Art Centre – Five mins drive from holiday home
- Fangfoss Rocking Horse Shop – 5 mins drive
- White Rose Polo Events – Group Lessons, Events, Hen Parties etc. 15 mins drive
- Canal Boat Rides – Hire your own private charter canal boat, take a picnic or enjoy a pub lunch.
- Hot Tub Hire – If you would like a Hot Tub we are happy to provide theses. These are subject to an additional charge of £250. Hot Tubs must only be used until 10.00pm (Only available March to 1st Nov)
Please book via house booking system.
- Theme Parks – www.flamingoland.co.uk 30 mins drive from the houses
- Maze & Activities, www.yorkmaze.com – Five minutes drive. Open Summer
- Yorkshire Air Museum. www.yorkshireairmuseum.org . Five minutes drive
- Local Swimming Pool and Gym. 5 mins drive
- Allerthorpe Lakeland Park – Watersports Activity Centre – YO42 4RL 01759 301444
- Burnby Hall Gardens – Lakes, Childrens Playground, Walks, Museum etc YO42 2QF – 01759 307125
- Wolds Gliding Club – Gliding & Flying Experience – YO42 1NP – 5 mins drive
- Allerthorpe Woods –Nature Reserve & Walks.
- Millington Pastures & Wood . Great Walks, Scenery, Teashop and Pub /
- Pocklington Canal – Boat Trips
- Kilnwick Percy Hall – Meditation Centre & Historic House
Please click here for info on local bus services, taxi’s, takeaway details and other local info
Please click here for a list of “Whats included in your stay”
Find more pictures and info on Facebook @coachhousecottagesyork