Holiday Home Useful Information
All of our houses are located seven miles East of York, near the Pretty Village of Wilberfoss. We are close to the Yorkshire Wolds & the East Coast. We are set in a rural location within walking distance of a Yorkshire Wildlife Trust Area . We’re also a short drive away from the Allerthorpe Woods (local wildlife area). We are situated within walking distance of a Thai restaurant. Also there is a direct bus route to the City of York.(Buses stop outside the properties every twenty minutes). The nearest pub is the Oddfellows at Wilberfoss (Quarter of a mile) or The Half Moon which is a short journey (2 miles) to Newton upon Derwent.
The properties will suit anyone who likes a mix of a countryside setting with close access to city amenities. York is a fifteen minute drive away, however our local Villages boast Stunning Walks, Fantastic Farms Shops & Cafe Bars, The Award winning Pocklington Arts Centre, Golf Clubs, Pocklington Canal, Gliding Club and Attractions such as The Elvington Air Museum. In addition there is also Burnby Hall Gardens & Allerthorpe Watersport Park.
- Thai Season by Pritsana (located next door to the cottages)
Local Italian Cafe
- Gios – Quirky Italian Cafe (located next door to the cottages) – Please pre- book
Good Local Pubs
- Half Moon, Newton Upon Derwent, YO41 4DB 01904 608883. Approx 2 miles from Holiday Houses
- St Vincent Arms, Sutton Upon Derwent, 01904 608349 YO41 4BN 5 Mins Drive
- Oddfellows Arms Main Street, Wilberfoss YO41 5NN 07159 380473 (1/4 mile – direct bus route)
Other local services
- York Races – Horse Racing, Music, Entertainment.
- Local Art Centre – Five mins drive from holiday home
- Fangfoss Rocking Horse Shop – 5 mins drive
- White Rose Polo Events – Group Lessons, Events, Hen Parties etc. 15 mins drive
- Canal Boat Rides – Hire your own private charter canal boat, take a picnic or enjoy a pub lunch.
- Hot Tub Hire – If you would like a Hot Tub we are happy to provide theses. These are subject to an additional charge of £250. Hot Tubs must only be used until 10.00pm (Only available March to 1st Nov)
Please book via house booking system.
- Theme Parks – www.flamingoland.co.uk 30 mins drive from the houses
- Maze & Activities, www.yorkmaze.com – Five minutes drive. Open Summer
- Yorkshire Air Museum. www.yorkshireairmuseum.org . Five minutes drive
- Local Swimming Pool and Gym. 5 mins drive
- Allerthorpe Lakeland Park – Watersports Activity Centre – YO42 4RL 01759 301444
- Burnby Hall Gardens – Lakes, Childrens Playground, Walks, Museum etc YO42 2QF – 01759 307125
- Wolds Gliding Club – Gliding & Flying Experience – YO42 1NP – 5 mins drive
- Allerthorpe Woods –Nature Reserve & Walks.
- Millington Pastures & Wood . Great Walks, Scenery, Teashop and Pub /
- Pocklington Canal – Boat Trips
- Kilnwick Percy Hall – Meditation Centre & Historic House
Please click here for info on local bus services, taxi’s, takeaway details and other local info
Please click here for a list of “Whats included in your stay”
Find more pictures and info on Facebook @coachhousecottagesyork